Children who will be five years old on or before October 1, 2021, are eligible to register for the 2021-2022 school year. Registration will take place at Hardyston Middle School the week of March 1-5 from 10 am – 2 pm and on Wednesday evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Appointments for mandatory Kindergarten screening will be scheduled at this time.
*If you cannot make any of the times listed above, or if you have any questions about registration, please contact Mrs. Van Ginneken at 973-823-7000 ext. 1020 or at [email protected].
Please bring ALL required paperwork, as listed below, when you register.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY (please note: this is required even if a sibling is already registered in the district)
TWO forms of residency are required. Acceptable forms of residency include:
- Property tax bill
- Deed, lease agreement, or mortgage statement
- Current utility bill
*If you are living with a Hardyston Township resident, the owner must complete an “Application by a Resident” form and provide a copy of their deed AND a current utility bill. This application needs to be notarized. Please contact our registrar, Peggy Van Ginneken, if this applies to you.
- ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE with the raised seal
- DOCTOR’S CERTIFICATE of IMMUNIZATION against the following:
- DPT – 4 doses – Fourth dose must be on or after fourth birthday; if not, a fifth dose will be needed.
- Polio – 3 doses – Third dose must be on or after fourth birthday; if not, a fourth dose will be needed.
- Measles (Rubeola) – 2 doses of a measles containing vaccine; the first dose must be after the first birthday.
- Mumps – 1 dose
- German Measles (Rubella) – 1 dose
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine) — 1 dose after 1st birthday or documentation that child had the disease.
- PROOF OF PHYSICAL – dated after September 7, 2020