Middle School Nurse’s Office:
Welcome to the Hardyston Middle School health office
The health office provides many services such as annual physicals, scoliosis, hearing/vision testing, height, weight and blood pressure screening and is a place where health teaching happens every day.
The health office will keep you informed of any health issues and concerns in the community. Please refer to Health Office Guidelines on this site and in the Hardyston School District Handbook and Calendar.
It is my hope that we have many wonderfully successful and healthy school days at Hardyston Middle School. Please feel free to come by and just say “hi”.
Marianne Petronella – RN BSN
Hardyston Middle School
973-823-7000 ext. 1010
HEALTH OFFICE GUIDELINES
Please follow the guidelines listed below:
– If your child is experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms such as vomiting or diarrhea, he or she should not return to school for a minimum of 48 hours.
– If a strep culture is obtained, please keep your child home until results are reported by your doctor.
– If strep culture is positive, your child must be treated with an antibiotic for 24 hours before returning to school
– Students with fever should stay home for a minimum of 24 hours after they no longer have fever without the use of fever reducing drugs such as Tylenol and Motrin and Advil.
– Encourage your child to wash hands, cover coughs and sneezes.
– All medications sent from home MUST be in the original container and labeled with your childs name and grade.
– If your child uses and EpiPen or Inhaler please supply the health office with the needed medications and supporting documentation.
– Please consult your child’s doctor with any other health concerns.